You can increase the opt-in permission rate with 6 simple steps:
- Transparency: Users are becoming increasingly wary of their private location data so transparency is vital. Inform the user of any necessary details with clear and concise language to increase opt-in permission rates.
- Demonstrate the end user value: studies have shown that clearly stating the benefits the user will receive in exchange for their location data
- Timing: Timing is key. First allow the user to familiarise themselves with the app before sending any opt-in notifications
- Pre-permission location screen: A pre-permission is an overlay containing completely customizable visuals and an expanded explanation of how granting location access will benefit your users and how you’ll protect their privacy.
- Make it easy for users to change their settings: Making it easier for users to access their settings to re-enable/enable permission will increase opt-in rate as well
- Optimize and test: With the right timing and content, you can build trust between you and your users.
Check out this blog for more details: https://blog.roam.ai/location-permissions-best-practices/